Choice Unit: Day 6
1. Explain two important ideas that your author has tried to convey so far.
2. Review the opening of the novel. What does the author do to “hook” the reader?
3. Who are the main characters? Describe each of them.
4. Are any characters like others you have “met” in other books? How so?
5. What is the most important event in the book so far? What makes you identify the event as most important?
6. What theme is emerging in the story thus far?
7. Where and when does the story take place? How do you know?
8. Think of a place like the one in the book. Where is it? Describe it.
9. What feelings has the reading brought out in you thus far? What about the book makes you feel that way?
10.Has the mood of the story shifted at all? Where and why?
11. How does the author keep you interested in the story?
12. Describe a scene that lingers in your mind. Find that scene in the book. What about the writing causes the scene to be particularly memorable?
8 years ago